1. feel concern or interest; attach importance to something.
2. look after and provide for the needs of.
Much like a motor that is idling too high for too long our body and brain cannot withstand the consistent activation of the sympathetic nervous system which is caused by non life threatening things like stressful emails, the constant flow of notifications on our devices, and traffic jams.
Chronic stress contributes to;
- high blood pressure,
- causes brain changes that may contribute to anxiety, depression, and addiction,
- promotes the formation of artery-clogging deposits,
- contributes to obesity, both through direct mechanisms (causing people to eat more) or
indirectly (decreasing sleep and exercise).
Source: *Harvard Health Publishing, Harvard Medical School
Our brain and body works better when our
nervous system is well looked after.
• Uses massage techniques to relax the physical
body and keep participants present and “in the
• Brings about the Relaxation Response.
• Activates the Parasympathetic Nervous System.
• Takes the brain and body into Rest & Digest.
• Draws on Mindfulness practices to help quieten
the constant barrage of thoughts.
• Provides tools for stress management useful in
every day life at work and at home.
"Massage Yoga was by far the most incredible team building experience we have had as a team! And then we rolled onto lunch afterwards and the good vibes and conversations flowed. I want to do this for me team every quarter!! "
- Corporate subscriber (now quarterly ;-)